Sunday, April 11, 2010

I will never forget

Here are some pictures from our Chicago marriage retreat before Easter.  I am so glad we received this little binder when we arrived so we could take notes during the sessions, jot down quotes and reminders for the future, and work through the activities together.  I'll share some things in this post, but I know there will be more to come. 
"Every marriage is either moving toward oneness or drifting toward isolation.  Oneness in marriage involves complete unity with each other.  It's more than a mere mingling of two humans- it's a tender merger of body, soul, and spirit"- Dennis Rainey
"Our selfish nature focuses on and becomes critical of our spouse's weaknesses, mistakes or failures to meet our expectations.  Our disappointment and disapproval of our spouse can lead him or her to feel rejection, discouragement, anger, and bitterness, resulting in even lower performance."
"The fact that I am a woman does not make me a different kind of Christian, but the fact that I am a Christian does make me a different kind of a woman.  For I have accepted God's idea of me, and my whole life is an offering back to Him of all that I am, and all that He wants me to be." Elisabeth Elliot
P.S. (When we got home Vali had another allergic reaction.  Her face puffed up again and we still don't know if she ate something or was stung by a bee?  ...
She is doing fine now, but she sure loved the extra attention :)

1 comment

  1. In the fifth picture where the clock is, the building behind it, that's where I used to live when I lived in Chicago.
    Your photos bring back so many memories of living there! Glad you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete