Monday, April 16, 2012

Peanut Butter "Cheese" Ball

Last night we celebrated a few birthdays during community group!  I knew one of the guys liked peanut butter and chocolate (along with everyone else in the group!) so I wanted to try a recipe I had seen on {The Girl Who Ate Everything Blog}: Peanut Butter "Cheese" Ball.
(Check out her most recent post- Adorable!!  "She's Ready to Pop" Baby Shower) 

I forgot to take a picture of the dessert before everyone arrived, but clearly it was DEVOURED in just two short hours... so I'm guessing everyone liked it :)

Beat together: 1- 8oz package of cream cheese, 1 cup of powdered sugar, 1 cup of creamy peanut butter, & 3 tbsp of brown sugar.  Form a ball and wrap in plastic wrap.  Let harden in freezer for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until it's firm.

Roll the ball in chocolate chips until it is completely covered.  (The blog says to use peanut butter chips too- which would be yummy, but I just used chocolate.)
I placed mine right on the serving plate and filled the plate with Graham crackers (Kroger brand Honey Sticks).  You could also make it in advance and store it in the freezer until about 30 minutes before guests arrive.  So simple and delicious! 

3 comments