Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Jerusalem and Tower of David

Before heading back to the hotel for dinner, we spent a little time shopping in the Jerusalem markets.
My brother was a pro at bartering and buying, but I struggled and either walked away apologizing or gave in.  Patrick made fun of me for buying these cute little fabric bird thingies.  I have no idea what they are for, but I pictured them hanging over a crib as a mobile.  He just didn't understand why I would buy birds on a string when I'm not pregnant!  haha  He'll be glad one day when I pull them out of a box and save money by creating a cute Israeli mobile.
(actually it will probably end up in my closet next to the broken wooden stool I found on the side of the road)
Later that night, we went to the most gorgeous mall!  I think it was recently built, but the architecture and light fixtures were beautiful... not to mention the designer stores!!! 
Our shopping trip was cut short because we were going to "The Night Spectacular!"  This light show in the Tower of David showed the history of Israel through music and images projected onto the walls of the tower.  It was interesting for the first ten minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment