Friday, July 9, 2010

Too short of a lake trip

I'm back!   Sorry I have been a little slow with my posting.  To catch you up...We went to the lake for 4th of July weekend, came home in time for church on Sunday and a cookout with 2 of our favorite couples, then headed to Indianapolis for the North American Christian Convention to visit with out of town friends, see family, help with a CCU reception and banquet, and hear powerful messages from strong Christian leaders.  But for now, I'll just share some lake pictures:
We barely made it to the lake before dark on Thursday night, but we ran straight to the dock so the dogs could swim and get some energy out!  Right when the dogs were getting tired from playing fetch in the water, Patrick spotted a moving stick nearby.  Needless to say, we grabbed the dogs and ran- that was the fastest I have ever made it up that hill!
We woke up the next morning to glorious sunshine, ready to celebrate the Fourth of July and our freedom in America.  What better place to celebrate than the Walmart in Leitchfield!  I picked up ingredients for the Summertime Salsa- {recipe HERE} which turned out way better than I imagined a watermelon salsa could!

We had a beautiful day on the lake with some of the family and hated to leave before the rest of the Garcia crew got there, but we are thankful we could at least go for a little bit.  I forgot to get my camera out with Ellie Claire and Will, but trust me, they were cuter than ever! 

No comments:

Post a Comment