Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Pumpkin Carving Party

Yesterday, our small group had a pumpkin carving Halloween party!  We are so blessed with a wonderful group and great friends! (we missed those who couldn't be there!)  It was so fun to add some Halloween decorations to my fall stuff :)
 and I love my fall colored furballs :)
Our pumpkins weren't the most intricate or unique ones ever- we pretty much just went for the simple pumpkin face since it was getting dark out and we still needed to do our bible study!  But we did have the cutest little princess (and future friend of John Ryman!) carving with us:
*Party Details and Ideas*

Food: Pumpkin Cream Cheese Dip {similar recipe here}with graham crackers/apples/ginger snaps, Halloween Candy, Oreo Cake Balls topped with a candy corn {here}, and of course you have to roast those pumpkin seeds after you are done carving! (sprinkle with olive oil, salt and pepper- or your favorite spice like Jane's Crazy Salt)

Drinks: Hot Apple Cider, Cider Floats recipe {here} (I just used a caramel swirl ice cream), Sunkist or another orange drink in a pitcher (I threw in some rubber spiders too!)

Music: Pandora- Halloween Party Station

Warning!!  If you put fake spiders around the house to scare your guests, it will come back to bite you :)  This morning I saw a huge spider on the floor and it scared me to death!  It must have fallen off the table of decorations:
{Here} is my post from last year's Halloween Party and look at the post a year before that in 2009: {here} Man, I miss Mariemont in the fall!!

No comments:

Post a Comment