Wednesday, July 24, 2013

The truth.

I could photograph my garden with soft lavender and creeping oregano...
even share some surprises left behind by the missionaries that owned our home...
 but then you wouldn't see the crispy black-eyed susans.
 What a treat it was to find these wispy whites blooming along the back fence... 

but my garden, on the other hand, is quite a weedy mess!
I could crop & position so you would see the glowing tomatoes and those beautiful squash blooms...
but these half dead squash plants, overcrowded zucchinis and climbing weeds scream at me daily.
I could tell of my 99 cent Home Depot purchases that once were dead and have resurrected...
but then there are those tiny peonies that have yet to find a home.
Even the lamb's ear, one of my favorites, is flourishing,
but would you notice the chunk picked off from JR or the pots begging for water just behind...
My garden and, well, our entire yard is a work in progress and I don't want you to ever think that all things are perfect around here just because I enjoy picking the right angle for a photo or blurring out the overgrown messes.  Even though some spots are pretty and growing weed-free, you know what is my favorite in the entire yard?
It's actually these three dead flowers... picked by a little boy with dirt under his fingernails and the juice from fresh strawberries dripped down his white collar... just for his momma.

No comments:

Post a Comment