Tuesday, June 16, 2009

"Home Home"

The past few weeks, Patrick and I stayed at my
parents house while he finished his radiation.
We had so much fun!
I thought I would share with you some of my
favorite spots in their home that I really miss.
My mom is an incredible decorator and
makes her home so welcoming.
Here is the upstairs guest room:
I found the black mirror on the left at a yard sale for $5!
It was gold and my mom & I spray painted it black
for our apartment, but we didn't have room.
The pink flower panels were from my sweet college
roommate Ami! She worked at Express and the panels
were used in the store. She brought them back to the
dorm for me after they took them down to get ready
for the next season at Express!

This is my brother's bathroom:
I love the red, tan & black together!

Here is a better picture of the "PINK" room
that I talked about in this post.
This is one of my favorite pieces of furniture!
My mom got it from The Red Tree.
This is a side of the hearth room.
I love the curtains and I call the red
side table when she gets tired of it :)
She made the basement so cozy*
I love the mantle above the fireplace
and the lighting throughout the whole basement
I love these picture frames
and the ice cream shop chairs :)
They are actually mine,
but she can use them until I get some more space.
It is so great to come "home home".

1 comment

  1. Just love the photos of your Mom's home...she does do a beautiful job of decorating! What a wonderful place to "land" when you need to. I am fortunate to have the same kind of place at my Mom's, but she lives aobut 700 miles away, so I don't get there as often as I life. I found your blog after reading your comment on mysweetsavannah, also one of my very favorites. I enjoyed reading your blog today. I am new to blogging and enjoying it immensely!

    Cori
    www.starviewsonnet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete