Saturday, February 27, 2010

my favorite meal: chicken poppyseed

 This is my mom's recipe for...
Chicken Poppy seed

Preheat oven to 350F

3 cups of cooked & chopped chicken
1 can cream of chicken soup (don't add water!)
8 oz of sour cream
1 tbsp of poppy seeds

Mix above ingredients together
and put into an 11X7 baking dish
now in a separate bowl, stir together 
1 1/2 cups of crushed Ritz crackers (about 40 crackers)
and 1/4 cup of butter melted... I always make a little more
because this is my favorite part, healthiest too of course :)
Spread the Ritz topping over chicken poppyseed 
that is already in the baking dish...
Bake at 350F uncovered for 30 minutes
Enjoy!

4 comments

  1. Yum! This looks delicious - this is one of our favorites that my mom makes too. I think she uses celery seed - this looks like a great variation! I'll have to try it for Kevin! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recipe it was delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made this last night and my husband LOVED it!!! It was so easy. Thanks for the idea and recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made this tonight and Chris loved it, too!! I'm always looking for easy/cheap recipes. I know somehow that yours will always be good :)
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete