Thursday, June 16, 2011

Corn Salad

1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp olive oil
1 package of frozen white corn (I made it the first time with white corn and then the second time-shown above- with yellow... both were great, but I prefer sweet white corn)

1/2 red onion (chopped)
3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
3 tbsp olive oil
1-2 tbsp chopped fresh basil

In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the butter and oil.  Saute the corn until roasted.  In a medium bowl, combine the onion, vinegar, olive oil, basil and roasted corn.  Mix well.  Add sea salt and pepper to taste.

-from Vera Bradley Cooking with Friends

(I posted the corn salad recipe awhile ago but I never got around to trying it until now... it is delicious!  Check out some more 4th of July recipes {here} especially my favorite Summertime Salsa}

No comments:

Post a Comment