Monday, July 11, 2011

16 weeks (and 3 days)


Right now, baby g is the size of an avocado!  Thats about 4 1/2 inches long and 3 1/2 ounces.
My belly is definitely growing, but I'm still not sure if it's actually the baby or just bloating- haha- it changes throughout the day :) 

A little recap on the first trimester:
I had a feeling I was pregnant, so after work I picked up a cheap package of pregnancy tests to take the next morning.  It was really early when I woke up for work and I didn't want to wake up Patrick.  The test showed a very faint second line, but what was that supposed to mean!?!?  I jumped in the car to rush for Walgreens before work to pick up a digital pregnancy test- something that could give me a real answer and not a faint line :)  The words "Pregnant" popped up on the screen and I spent all day super excited... dying to tell Patrick, but clearly a phone call or text wasn't appropriate :)  
I picked up some red & green wrapping paper (since this would be an early Christmas gift!), a little baby book, and placed the test inside the gift.  Patrick new before he even saw the test that I was pregnant!  We celebrated all evening and it still felt a little surreal!  This was right at 4 weeks- and the only symptoms I had was frequent trips to the bathroom :)  It wasn't until about 6 weeks that I started to feel a little nauseous in the mornings.  I'm so thankful that my morning sickness was not bad at all compared to the stories I have heard!  And once I learned to eat a little snack in the middle of the night (so I wouldn't wake up with an empty stomach) I was pretty much back to normal.  Even now, I haven't had any food aversions or wild cravings... well not any different than what I had before getting pregnant!  

Here's what babycenter says about how the baby g is growing these days...

"Get ready for a growth spurt.  In the next few weeks, you baby will double his weight and add inches to his length.  His (or her) legs are much more developed, his head is more erect than it has been, and his eyes have moved closer to the front of his head.  His ears are close to their final position, too.  The patterning of his scalp has begun, though his locks are recognizable yet.  He's even started growing toenails.  And there's a lot happening inside as well.  For example, his heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and this amount will continue to increase as your baby continues to develop."

3 comments

  1. You look so cute! My nausea with Amelia started at 6 wks too. Saying a prayer for your little one today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are so stinkin cute! can't wait to meet baby G!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Savannah-
    I started reading this right before church last night & started crying...so I had to stop!! Came back to it this morning...SOOOO sweet! This little one is already so loved. Know that our family is praying for all 3 of you! We're so excited for you guys as we watch this story unfold.
    Treasure these (peaceful!!):) moments. Your due date will be here before you know it!
    Xoxo-Lisa (& Phil)

    ReplyDelete