Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Homemade Apple Dumplings


I have had 4 papers due this week and
I am still working on 2 of them... 
so that means I have several procrastinating 
recipes for you that I have tried out this week :)

Have you looked through this Oct. issue of Southern Living?
so many yummy recipes to try for this season!!
I turned down the corners of all the pages I liked
and then had Patrick decide what to start with.


He picked Peggy's Classic Apple Dumplings
How could he not--especially after seeing the above photo!?


Click {Here} for the link to the Southern Living recipe
and try out this sweet fall treat.

 
I don't think I made the dough correctly 
the dumplings weren't the neatest and 
during baking it all kinda mushed together
into one big apple dessert with
tender homemade dough and rich spiced syrup
Try it tonight, even if you mess up it will be AMAZING!

Vali sat at the edge of the kitchen the whole time
sniffing the spice-scented air and dying for a taste... 
too bad val, we ate it all too fast!
(I thought I would tease her with my scarf
but it ended up she liked wearing it- haha) 

1 comment

  1. These look AMAZING! Love all the recent pictures of the pups. I am in my last semester of school and I feel ya on the procrastination!

    ReplyDelete