Wednesday, October 21, 2009

a cheerful day

Yes, I'm wearing these bright yellow corduroys
in honor of this cheerful day!

My headache has vanished and I am eating more than chicken noodle soup.
There is a calm breeze gently wiggling the colored leaves from their branches.
The temperature is perfect- what a bride dreams of for her wedding day.
& best of all:
My hubby slipped me a piece of crumbled paper during class this morning
asking me on a date... coffee at our special Starbucks location.

Not the Starbucks with the drive-thru where you zoom by before work.

Not the close by Starbucks you walk to with the furs because they
have doggie treats and know you all by name.

but the Starbucks that is a little drive away, nestled in a quaint little town
with the perfect bench for people watching, sipping a macchiato, and
falling more in love with my high school sweetheart.

2 comments

  1. I just died for two reasons.
    1. You have those cords!!
    2. I have not been on a date with my husband in over two years! I am SO glad you are though! Hope you had/have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know you were high school sweethearts...very fun! I need a nice relaxing date in my life! Glad you're feeling better

    ReplyDelete