Wednesday, January 27, 2010

It's a matter of life or death...

My dad preached a powerful sermon on the Sanctity of Life weekend entitled:
Importance of Life
"Life is love.  Life is precious.  Life is creation.  Life is God-given.
We give thanks for the Importance of Life as we remember 
the 37th anniversary of Roe vs. Wade." 

You can watch the video online {here}
or go to Southeast's website {here} Jan 17th sermon

 
The first 10 minutes of the video is an interview with Rebecca St. James, a multiple Dove and Grammy Award-winning Christian singer, songwriter, musician, author.  She recently starred in a movie called {Sarah's Choice} I have not seen the movie yet, but my whole family, their bible study, and many others were very impressed with it.  She sings a song on the video that she wrote especially for the movie.

I cannot tell you how powerful this sermon was because you will have to watch it for yourself.
I have never been so proud of my dad.  He speaks on the message of Christ... sharing the importance of life and offering forgiveness and grace through Jesus alone.


Have your tissues ready for the end as the service concludes with a sobering Rose Parade representing the millions of lives lost from abortions since Roe vs. Wade.  My dad also tells the end of the Roe vs. Wade story, which I had never heard before, what happened to Jane Roe.  



2 comments

  1. Hi Savannah! Thank you so much for commenting on my blog! I'm so glad you did...I love your blog!! I could definitely learn a lot from you, as I am quite new to this adventure. You are so gifted with creativity and wisdom, and I love your posts. Thank you for your encouragement too! I hope you all are doing well. I look forward to the next time we get to see you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful and heart warming blog.. Thanks so much for doing all you do.
    It is so easy to see your Love of Christ.. I pray you continue in His Blessings .
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete