Friday, May 6, 2011

derby time

Wish I was back in my Old Kentucky Home celebrating the 137th Kentucky Derby and wearing a beautiful hat!  Saw this one online from today's Oaks and Loved it:
Although the hat I wore to the Derby last time was a little large and continuously flew off in the faces of innocent bystanders... oops.  Not sure which horse I will be cheering for tomorrow, but I think Shackleford is a beautiful horse (and the jockey is Jesus- haha)

In honor of Kentucky Oaks and Derby, here is a yummy Derby Pie recipe given to me from my mother-in-law... Enjoy!!
1- 8 in unbaked pie crust
1/4 cup butter
1 cup sugar
3 eggs
3/4 cup corn syrup
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
3 tbsp bourbon
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped nuts

Cream butter and add sugar gradually.  Add beaten eggs, syrup, salt and vanilla.  Add choc. chips, nuts and bourbon stirring until well mixed.  Pour into pie crust and bake at 375 for 40-50 minutes.  (If crust browns too rapidly, cover with foil.)
love this hat from {here}

No comments:

Post a Comment