Thursday, November 10, 2016

Blue Apron- Meal Planning

I figured it was about time I tried one of these fresh meal deliveries!  I found a major coupon for my first order- pretty cheap for 3 meals.  The full price does not work for our family budget.  I stay at home and as nice as it sounds to have fresh food delivered to our door, that is one area where we can save money.  (and the reason for my love of Aldi!)  I thought I would at least give it a try with the coupon. 
 I was extremely impressed with how it came packaged and organized in the box.  There were 3 papers that listed the ingredients along with step-by-step instructions.  My favorite part was the photo series that went along with the recipes- so helpful! One of the reasons I love Pioneer Woman recipes :) The ingredients were packed in well and kept cold, but you do have to schedule your delivery for a day you will be home. 
So far, I have cooked 2 of the 3 recipes.  I didn't love the Crispy Chicken recipe, but the Salmon was delicious!  I have already learned several new cooking techniques that I would not have tried on my own.  Everything was explained very well and I think I only googled once ;) I would not have made collard greens (they actually were pretty good) or thought to saute saffron and orange juice with my carrots (so flavorful!)  I love that the meals are fresh and the kids enjoyed them with us.  While it is not something we will do on a weekly basis, it might be a fun family night or date night in- learning a new cooking technique and enjoying the process together.  And you get to keep the recipes for future use! 
Have you tried any meal deliveries? I feel like I'm constantly seeing ads on social media for so many brands- do you have a favorite?  If you want to try Blue Apron, I think I have 3 coupons for free meals so send me an email!

1 comment

  1. Still have any of those coupons and are they expired? Love to try

    ReplyDelete