Friday, July 24, 2015

New Aldi Favorites

 When we first moved to Newburgh, I had to get used to new grocery stores and a new budget.  So many people recommended Aldi, but I had a bad experience with a dirty store in Texas so I never went back :) Finally after going over our grocery budget too many times- hating Walmart- having too big of a stock pile from Sam's Club- I decided I would give Aldi a second chance.

I've heard each Aldi is different, but thankfully the Evansville one is pretty clean!  Their variety of healthy options (and gluten-free, dye-free, etc.) has even grown over the past year since I've started regularly shopping there.  If I'm cooking from recipes, there are usually a few items that I can't find at Aldi.  I typically shop at Aldi 2-3 times a month in bulk and then do little trips to Target, Schnucks or Fresh Market in between for specialty items.  Anyways, enough about my random obsession with this grocery store ;) Here are my top 4 items I found this week:

 The kids LOVE these fruit pouches, but they can be so expensive.  These are cheap & contain no preservatives, artificial colors or flavors.
 How cute is this pasta?!  The Specially Selected brand always has seasonal treats- usually a little more expensive, but worth it!
 Lots of great salsa and guacamole at Aldi- this Mango Peach is my new favorite!
And of course, their fresh fruit & veggies- this week blueberries and strawberries were 99 CENTS!

Do you have any grocery budgeting tips?  Or favorite items at your Aldi that I need to try?

No comments:

Post a Comment