Monday, February 20, 2017

A Little Getaway- Beach, Friends, Encouragement & QUIET


Patrick and I got out of town for a conference last week in Florida. It was amazing to learn from so many pastors and their wives and be encouraged by friends. We took tons of notes and laughed a lot, but I think my favorite part was in between morning sessions.  My plan was to read on the beach but it was a little windy, so I cuddled up in a hammock by the pool.

I can't tell you the last time I did nothing.  It's rare for me to sit and do something for myself or in my own time without listening for someone to wake up from a nap.  But I didn't even read a book or listen to music... I truly did nothing and it was amazing.  There were 3 books packed in my suitcase and I did not finish one of them!  No guilt here because sometimes God calls us to simply rest. Patrick and I came home refreshed and ready for more ministry.  And I'm also learning more about rest and how to actually take a family sabbath when Sundays are the busiest days for our family.




No comments:

Post a Comment