Sunday, February 26, 2017

Daddy Daughter Dance 2017

Vera giggled all day waiting for the Daddy Daughter Dance!  We had been out of town all week, so she had slept with her photo from last year's dance to help remind her that she could go on her date with daddy once we returned home.  She kept telling me, "I'm going to dance on the ground this time!" because last year she was a overwhelmed by all of the people and just wanted Patrick to hold her and dance.  I think she tried her dress on 10 times before the day of the dance just to make sure it twirled correctly.  When the day finally arrived, it took tons of distracting to keep her from getting her dress on at 8am and asking for lip gloss every hour!!

I snapped a few photos while she waited for daddy to get ready (the one above might be my favorite photo ever!) and it is very clear that little miss Vera felt like a princess.  I'm so thankful for a church that celebrates that sweet bond between a daddy and his daughter.  And I also never want to take for granted the blessing of this girl's daddy.  He loves her so well and is an example to her in so many ways as he shows his love to me and cares for our family.



JR took a couple photos of me and Bauer before we headed off on our Mommy Son date!  It was getting a little dark, but JR took some sweet photos.  After a quick dinner at Chick-fil-a, I took the boys to the Kohl's toy aisle (JR's request!) and then to Starbucks for a special treat.  JR brought his wallet and a Starbucks card to pay for my drink.  He didn't know that the card was empty- ha! - but the cashier was sweet to play along and secretly ask me to pay the remaining balance :)  It's nights like these I am reminded of how special that one-on-one time is with our children and the impact it makes in their little hearts.


8 comments

  1. You've clearly taught JR some manners if he is buying your drinks on a date! Watch out ladies... true gentleman in the making!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't have said it better! It's so lovely! <3

      Delete
    2. haha! His daddy is teaching him right ;)

      Delete
  2. Vera is such a beautiful girl! And I love how you took the opportunity to spend time with your boys. It sounds like you all had a wonderful time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We need to do special nights together like this more often because the kids are still talking about it :)

      Delete
  3. What beautiful memories you are making with your littles! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like such and amazing experience for your daughter! How wonderful that you could capture it!

    ReplyDelete