Wednesday, August 12, 2009

back to school already

Are you ready for the first day of school?

I always loved picking out a new backpack for the school year.

First grade was Pocahontas
Middle School was an orange L.L. Bean
and in high school my purses were big enough
to fit the little work I would take home :)
Of course in college, I still sport a backpack.
Mine is striped pink from the little girls section at Target.
(and yes... I wear it high on my back*)

This girl sure is ready:
how sweet!

You can't forget the fresh pack of crayola crayons!
All lined up in perfect order waiting to be
chosen as the kindergartners favorite color.
a spiral notebook for each subject
ready to be decorated with doodles and love notes

Here are some of my folders for this semester:
I printed off the class titles in black using my favorite font.
I then took that piece of paper and slid it in the folder
positioning it with tape, so the letters were even in the top
right hand corner of the folder. In order to see through
to the other side of the folder to trace it, hold it onto
a window or in a place where the light will shine through.
It was easiest with a thin white folder :)
I used an Ultra Fine Point Sharpie:
and if your child is going to school...
send them off with a kind note to their teacher:
you can find these free printable cards {here}

I hope your first day back is wonderful
and that you are greeted by a bunch of screaming seniors!
may you make memories your last day of summer

goodbye school-less summer.

1 comment

  1. So what do you use to trace the letters? old fashion... pencil on the back of the paper or what?

    ReplyDelete