Monday, August 17, 2009

CHB Lesson #3

Here is a poem that was written in her notebook:

"I have to live with myself and so

I want to be fit for myself to know
I want to be able as the days go by
Always to look myself in the eye.

I don't want to stand with the sitting sun
And hate myself for the things I've done
I want to go out with my head erect
I want to deserve all men's respect,
And hear for the struggle of fame and pelf,
I want to be able to like myself.
I don't want to look at myself and know
That I'm blustered, bluff, and empty show
I want to see what others may never see
I know what others may never know."


Oh and this cute little quote from the professor's grandmother:
"If a boy was worth having he was worth waiting for. And then if he wasn't worth having she wouldn't have to live with him so long."

No comments:

Post a Comment