Thursday, August 6, 2009

DIY project #1

My Papaw gave me this old suitcase that was
from his years at Eastern Kentucky University
(you can kinda see the sticker in the middle)
It has been holding Patrick's books for awhile now
but thanks to the DIY idea that I posted [here]
I have turned my vintage suitcase into a craft organizer:
with leftover drawer liner from my kitchen,
I lined the inside of the suitcase.
Then I super glued envelopes, a notepad,
and a pencil holder to the lid
Now I have a cute place to store extra fabric and stationary.
While organizing my craft supplies,
I took a wire tree "thingy", that originally
was the home of pink and red candles
during Valentine's season, and switched out
the candles with tiny sewing items:

Now, my next mission
is to find an old shutter :)

No comments:

Post a Comment